We hope that you will join us for the 2012 IAC and request that you complete the expression of interest form below. This will ensure that you are kept up to date with Congress information as and when it becomes available.
A step by step guide to 2012 IAC registration
These are the steps you will go through to register for the 2012 IAC.
Please read this guide carefully and explore our website to make the choices that best suit you.
1. Required documentation
Certain international delegates may require a visa to enter South Africa. You will be asked to indicate whether you require a visa invitation letter on the registration form. The 2012 IAC organising committee will supply you with a letter of invitation once you have registered successfully.
The following is included in your registration fee:
- Cost of the 2012 International Aquarium Congress, welcome reception at the Two Oceans Aquarium, gala dinner at Moyo, and four-day congress proceedings.
- All prices listed below are in South African Rand and are inclusive of 14% VAT.
Early-bird registration fee: R5 500/US$710* – Register before 29 February 2012 to qualify
Standard fee: R6 000/US$800* – Applicable after 1 March 2012
*US$ rates applicable for February 2012 and subject to exhange-rate fluctuation.
Late fee: R6 500 – From 25 August 2012 onwards
3. Accompanying persons
You will be asked whether you there will be any accompanying persons joinging you in Cape Town.
Accompanying persons can purchase tickets to the social functions and book day programmes on the registration form.
Accompanying persons can join the welcome reception at the Two Oceans Aquarium and gala dinner at Moyo, each event costs R500 per accompanying person.
A full accompanying persons programme showcasing the splendour of Cape Town is available for the enjoyment of those travelling to Cape Town with 2012 IAC delegates.
4. Field trip/Excursions
On 14 September 2012, you can join in on a not-to-be-missed field trip to Gansbaai, a South African hotspot for encounters with great white sharks, whales, dolphins, seals and penguins.
These trips are offered at an additional cost of R1 350 per person.
You will be asked to indicate your field trip preference on the registration form.
You are welcome to make your own accommodation arrangements while in you’re in Cape Town, but the 2012 IAC organising committee has secured reservations at hotels that have offered special IAC 2012 rates for our delegates. These hotels are centrally located.
You will be asked to indicate your accommodation preference on the registration form.
A transfer service is available to 2012 IAC attendees to take you to and from the Cape Town International Airport from your hotel.
We are offering a discounted rate of R220 per person per transfer.
You will be asked whether you want to make use of this service on the registration form.
7. Special requests
Any dietary or physical requirements are to be indicated on the registration form.
8. Summary page
Here you will find a synopsis of your choices, the costs and the applicable terms and conditions.
You are able to edit your options here.
9. Confirmation, payment and terms and conditions
- Prime interest rate will be charged for all post-event payments arranged with the organisers.
- Registrations will only be validated if all monies are paid in advance
- All cancellations must be received in writing. If received before 31 July 2012, a full refund will be passed less a 15% administration fee. After this date no refunds will be processed.
- No-shows and cancellations after 31 July 2012, will be liable for the full fee.
- Registrations are transferable to delegates not yet registered.
Information correct at the time of being published.
- A one (1) nights deposit is required to secure your accommodation.
- The balance due 90 days prior to the Congress. The Congress Secretariat will forward your invoice for the balance due on the 1st May 2012, payable by the 7th June 2012.
- All cancellations must be received in writing. If received before 15 May 2012, a full refund will be passed less a 15% administration fee. After this date no refunds will be processed.
You can pay by credit card (all majors cards acccepted) or via electronic fund transfers. Details are on the registration form.
10. Invoice and your unique reference code
Once you have completed all the steps, you will be issues with an invoice and a unique reference code.
Use this number by entering into the registration form at any point to check status, make changes, remove options or add ones.
You will receive a copy of your booking within 24 hours.
For any questions regarding registration, please contact the 2012 registration secretariat via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +27 (0)21 948 9549 (and ask for the events division).